1. Tindora/ivy gourd : 20 no
2. Green chillies : 4 no
3. Tamarind : marble size (soak in warm water for 5 min)
4. Cilantro : hand full
5. Dry red chillies : 2
6. Mustard : 1 tsp
7. Jeera : 1 tsp
8. Curry leaves : 7-8
9. Salt : to taste
- Clean dondakaaya (Tindora) and trim the ends. Cut them into very small pieces.
- Fry green chilies. In a blender, add soaked tamarind, green chilies, jeera, and cilantro leaves and blend them into a paste. Add 2 tbsp of chopped dondakaya to the blender and blend it coarsely with some salt. Adjust the taste if needed.
- Take the whole mixture and add it to the finley chopped dondakaaya (Tinodra) pieces. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds, when they crack, add jeera, red chilies, urad dal and curry . Add this Popu (seasoning) to dondakaaya (Tinodra) pieces mixture and mix well.
- Serve with steam hot rice and any dal.