1. Tender tamarind / Chintakaya : 100 gms
2. salt : needed
3. Urad dal : 2 tbsp
4. Methi : 2 tbsp
5. Red chillies : 5 no
6. Green chillies : 3 no
7. Hing : 1 tsp
8. Turmeric : pinch
9. Oil : 2 tbsp
10. Curry leaves : 7 no
1. Heat oil in a pan, fry urad dal, methi, red chillies till they turn red.
2. Add green chillies, hing, curry leaves, turmeric to the fried dal's and remove from the heat.
3. Grind the fried ingredients to a fine powder .
4. Add salt and tender tamarind pieces to the grounded powder and grind to a corse paste, add
little water while grinding if required.
5. Mix the grounded paste, transfer it to a bowl and serve.
Tastes well with rice, dal and ghee.